Features, enhancements and tips to help you create value from your enterprise relationships.
Search for People in Regions for Refined Results
Advanced Search enables you to search by countries, regions and territories based on your business query. We have added new regions: Central Europe, Eastern Europe and Nordic to help you filter results by these groups – see map and region description below. You will still be able to search by the individual countries and territories within these regions:
- Central Europe: Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Lichtenstein, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland
- Eastern Europe: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Estonia, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Ukraine
- Nordic: Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden.
*A Foundation Network is your predefined list of every organization on BoardEx that makes up your whole company or organization.
**A Competitor Network is the list of the organizations regard as your competitors.
Search across and confirm the entities that make up your Company Foundation Network and Competitor Network with Advanced Search network filters
Customers with a Foundation Network* can now search across and confirm the entities that make up their Company Network and Competitor Network** in Advanced Search. This makes it easier and clearer to see the coverage of constituent organizations or competitors within these networks.
Large organizations use networks to study the relationships of people in which they are interested or targeting. The global nature of your operations means that your employees may be unable to see easily what entities e.g. a member firm or a recently acquired company make up your Company Network.
The ‘Your Organizations’ filter under the ‘Organization Network’ or ‘Company Network’ will contain any entities in that network. The same principle applies to the ‘Competitor Network’ to which we have added the filter ‘Competitor Organizations’.
This enhancement will enable you to combine these network filters with the country filter to identify the location of each organization in these networks.
Please contact your Account Manager if you would like more information about the Competitor Network.
Summer 2020 Update
- Find People with Free Text for Focused Searches. Advanced Search now allows you to search for people with direct experience or links to specific areas of expertise as displayed on their profile. The new filter is ‘Role / Description’ in ‘Individuals Categories’ of Advanced Search. This is in addition to searching using the ‘Organization Name’ filter.
- Search by Gender Diversity on Boards. New Advanced Search filter is available to help you include percentage of women on the board in your search criteria.
- Network engine enhancements. Significant improvements to the network engine in BoardEx mean connections now load faster.
- New roles added to Advanced Search. Search for people with the role of Global Diversity Officer or Global Digital Officer. Learn more about the BoardEx Diversity and Inclusion data and insights in our Global Gender Diversity Report.
Spring 2020 Update
Percentage of Women On Boards in Organization Overview
See the diversity of boards in the organization overview by gender for academic research, executive research and corporate governance purposes
The pace and progress of diversity and inclusion of women in senior roles on boards varies from country to country and sector by sector. BoardEx displays the percentage of women on the board of an organization as below, where figures are available. This also appears when searching for organizations in Advanced Search, so that you can sort results by female representation on boards.
New tags personalize Board-to-Board connections to identify the strongest connections using your organization’s network
View connections to company boards quickly based on contributed relationship strength, and identifying your Employees or Alumni sitting on other boards, to make decisions on who to target or the next step to take to solve business problems.
This personalizes the visual for you based on your relationships and helps you see if the individual is an alumni or first-degree contact from your colleagues.
Board-to-Board Connections reveals the connections for a board of directors of an organization to other board of directors at public, private and not-for-profit organizations.
Users of the BoardEx web platform can already visualize board connections for an organization to public, private, and not-for-profit organizations. These board-to-board relationships show where a board member is connected to other boards and shows all the boards on which the individual sits.
A star rating or traffic light rating – depending on your organization’s preference – will appear for the individual based on your personal connections or the best connection in your company, where a direct relationship connection exists. For your current employees and past employees (Alumni) we label the individuals with an ‘E’ or an ‘A’.
This chart can be downloaded for use in internal presentations and briefing packs.
Summer 2019 Update
Private Equity Professionals Module
The BoardEx PE Module reveals key connections between the management of over 800 PE funds and their current investments, adding an extra layer of data and connectivity to your BoardEx subscription and highlighting the over 130,000 senior executives in BoardEx with links into the PE world.
PE Module clients will now be able to clearly see the PE representatives on the boards of their portfolio companies with our new PE Icon.
Homepage Enhancements and News
The BoardEx home page has been revamped to provide data visuals and news stories using analysis based on BoardEx data.
Many of the graphs will provide direct links through to related Advanced Search results so that you can do further investigations across the data
We have enhanced the display of Top Ways to Connect to Individuals and Organizations
- Rather than three connections, we now show up to five connections and you can scroll left/right between each connection
- Expanding connections displays further details about how individuals overlap currently or in the past
- Clicking on Expand Top 5 Connections allow you to see the top five connections on the same page
- We have added the ability to print out the connections displayed, as seen on the page, when you print from your browser or use CTRL-P